FreeCap Screen Recording Software

FreeCap (Screen Recording Software)

by eTronic Gaming

For those of you who make trailers for your games, gameplay, or just anything on your computer, you know that finding a screen recorder is not fun, because many of them are either not free, include an ugly watermark, or is limited in use/quality/trial.

That's where FreeCap comes in. FreeCap is a freeware alternative to the shareware screen recorders. It may not be the best, but hey, it's free!

Current Features (as of v0.6 beta)

-Outputs as GIF and SWF (SWF uses a free, limited 3rd-party software converter, leaving not so good quality and a small demo watermark)

-Cleans up temp files after using leaving you with just two small files.

-Holds at least 9999 now over 999,999,999 frames! (Not recommended to even go close to that amount though)

-Re-conversions of old screencaps/crashed attempts.

-Keep your screencaps!

-Preview before you convert (entire movie).

-Scroll through frames.

-Progress Bar (only in two areas... still need to work it out for the conversion process)

-Freeware! (No ads, watermarks, etc...)

Limits

-Doesn't record sound. (Not yet... I found something that I may use that will do this)

-Can't output to AVI or anything else but the GIF/SWF files included.

-Not as fast as shareware recorders (although faster than some methods I've seen).

NOTE

-At this current version, try not to record over 2 minutes of anything, and try not to exceed 640x480 resolution without a fast computer.

-If program stops responding, ctrl+alt+delete, go to processes, then delete convert.exe. Then FreeCap should go ahead and continue to remove the temp files and clean it up for you. (Although now you have to restart if you want to record again).

Screenshot

DOWNLOAD V0.6 BETA

OLD DOWNLOADS (Not Recommended... Just Here In Case)

========================================

v0.5

FreeCap 0.5 Beta High Speed Download Mirror by CoffeeShark (v0.5 Beta)

Download (v0.5 Beta)

v0.4

Download (v0.4 Beta)

Mirror 1 (v0.4 Beta)

v0.3

Mirror 1 (v0.3 Beta)

High Speed Download Mirror by CoffeeShark (right click - save as) (v0.3 Beta)

Look in the included Readme file for instructions on how to use.

Download, try, and give comments/feedback/suggestions.

-Josh

• 2 months later...

@miccadoin: If you would actually read his post, he said that most are not free. I don't think that FRAPS registered is free. If it is, i'd love to have a link to it plz :P

Also, I think you failed to realize that he MADE this software. So, it may not be the best, but hey.

why not just hook your monitor up to a digital video recorder, then use the dvr to burn the video and sound to a disk, then edit it with a video editing software.

That would really be the best way, since it's not using up your CPU clock, however, not all PCs support that.

• 2 weeks later...