The Trance Listeners Thread

Prashant

This thread is to discuss about all the trance music...

All trance and electronica fans...psy, vocal, goa, hard style etc etc welcome here.

few o nline radio stations are

Digitally Imported Radio - the music is now accessable through us at DI.fm

ETN.fm

Trance Music Broadband Radio Stations Online

LAST.fm

BTW my favourate tracks are ATB -- Ecstacy, markkech, Believe in me. and tiesto's flight 643

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@awsomejoe23: The basic Definition of Trance Music is given as

Trance is a style of electronic music that developed in the 1990s. Trance music is generally characterized by a tempo of between 130 and 160 bpm, featuring repeating melodic synthesizer phrases, and a musical form that builds up and down throughout a track, often crescendoing or featuring a breakdown. Sometimes vocals are also utilized. The style is arguably derived from a combination of largely electronic music such as ambient music, techno, and house. 'Trance' received its name from the repetitious morphing beats, and the throbbing melodies which would presumably put the listener into a trance-like state. As this music is almost always played in nightclubs at popular vacation spots and in inner cities, trance can be understood as a form of club music.

@topgun23: I think you know very less about trance music. Trance music is just as versatile as any other music Genre eg Rock.

I am not saying this because I am a die hard Trance fan but just because it actually is a fact.

Immensely popular, trance found itself filling a niche as 'edgier' than house, more soothing than drum and bass, and more melodic than techno, something that made it accessible to a wider audience. Artists like Tiesto, Ferry Corsten - System F, Paul van Dyk, Armin van Buuren, Johan Gielen, Above & Beyond, and Paul Oakenfold came to the forefront as premier producers and remixers, bringing with them the emotional, "epic" feel of the style. Many of these producers also DJ'd in clubs playing their own productions as well as those by other trance DJs. By the end of the 1990s, trance remained commercially huge, but had fractured into an extremely diverse genre. Some of the artists that had helped create the trance sound in the early and mid-1990s had, by the end of the decade, abandoned trance completely in favour of more underground sounds - artists of particular note here include Pascal F.E.O.S. and Oliver Lieb.

all the quotes have been taken from Wikipedia

The above post is not meant to hurt anybody or be offensive in nature.