[Answered] Nameserver Changes

nickp

Good day

I need some help, please.

I have a .co.za domain that I want to host on heliohost. My account is created and all is fine, but unfortunately when you want to change a co.za domain's nameservers, a new addon domain already needs to be added in the cpanel, otherwise .co.za "cannot find" the new nameservers. Now when I create the new domain in my cpanel it shows that the nameservers still points to the previous host's nameservers.

When asking .co.za about this, they say that is how the .co.za system works and they cannot override it as it is automated:

This is what they say:

"When contacting the technical department of any third party, please make it clear that their name-servers need DNS entries and are required to be able to respond affirmatively for a "reverse look-up" and that simply pointing a domain at name-servers, where there are no records, is not enough when it comes to .co.za domains in particular."

I know it is not your problem, but can you maybe give me some ideas as to how I can solve my problem? Please!

Thanks

That's really a horrible policy on the part of your registrar and you should look into telling them as much. By default cPanel requires your domain's NS records to point to the server you want to host your site on. Our domain change tool allows you to change your main domain, forcing our nameservers to create entries for your site. Doing that and waiting for our nightly maintenance's next run should appease your registrar's backward system and allow you to host your co.za domain with us.

• Like 1