[Answered] Would I Be Better Off Moving From Johnny To Stevie?

Sai

From what I read @ http://wiki.helionet.org/Moving_your_account

All I have to do is backup, delete, and remake my site.

Would it be worth doing this?

The only thing I run on my site currently is WordPress and a basic site (originally it was written in SHTML SSI but I assume heliohost does not support this since it does not work, so I have to find time to change it.)

The problems I am having are HTTP 500 errors and slow page loadings when it does actually work.

If it isn't HTTP 500, the site is flat out down.

It really makes adding new posts very hard as the HTTP 500s or downtimes are very random and seem to happen when I feel like making a large posts causing me to lose my work since nothing is saving at the time it happens.

From what was posted by Krydos @ http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/15348-answered-500-internal-server-error/

I think I've done all I can user-wise (Everything is CHMOD correctly, I didn't even have a .htaccess to begin with, and I waited until the load was low.) with zero luck what-so-ever.

ANYWAYS, back to the original question. Would I be better moving to Stevie or would I run into the same problems?

Originally, I picked Johnny because it included more features. Features I was unsure I would or did need. "Better safe than sorry."

ServerSide Includes work, in fact the tool in cPanel that helps you design custom error pages uses them. 500 errors might actually be easier to get on Stevie than on Johnny, the primary way to avoid them is to avoid using cpanel, ftp and such while concurrently accessing your site. If you think you'll never need Ruby on Rails or Active Server Pages go ahead and switch, those are the primary bonuses to being on Johnny. It's your account though so feel free to do what you want with it so long as it doesn't break the servers.