[Solved] Configure Mx Entry With Two Email Hosts

doublexp

I've setup my MX entry to lookup an email address at a different server. I've also created an email address on stevie ssl server. How would I setup my MX entry to lookup both servers for different email addresses? Is there a MX entry for stevie ssl server?

Thanks

One way to do it is to have emails from separate subdomains routed to separate servers. The default to have mail routed to the cPanel webmail login is just your domain, cPanel handles the rest basically. If you do something weird like set 2 MX records with the same priority you'd have user1@yourdomain.com and user2@yourdomain.com splitting their individual emails across two servers, meaning the local server will have half the emails they each try to get and the remote mail exchanger will have the other half, which is probably not something you want. If you do something with multiple MX but different priorities then mail will go to the server with the lowest priority ranking and if it's busy/down mail will reroute to the next highest up, which may mean that the servers with higher priority may never receive a single piece of mail or it'll happen very rarely.