[Answered] Well, This Is Annoying. (Site Won't Stay Up, Is This Related To The Dns Issues?)

maryadavies

Ok. I've been noticing the whole site, including the board, has been mostly down all day. Just came back up for me.

A friend just checked my site, she says it's down. It's up for me and everything's working properly (including a mail form script). Is the DNS issues worse than we thought? My site's at http://maryadavies.heliohost.org/ . This is just annoying and I do want this to stop now that I finally moved in. ^^

All's been working dandy for me today, your site is showing up and I've been lurking on the forums all day. Though if you try to refresh/click the same link a lot on here our DoS protection seems to bounce you for a few mins.

I hope that's all it is. I've just been locked out of looking since around 11 last night up until now. It's odd. And she hasn't been able to view it since day before yesterday. I hope nothing more serious is wrong. :/

I'll ask her to be sure but I think it's Page Not Found or some other nonsense.

Oh, also:

You'll notice the mail form has changed a wee bit; I had to change it and use a new script to handle it since there is no vb handling here. It's a php script now.

We support VB, just not fully, but that's if you're on Johnny anyways, which is a bit more temperamental than Stevie.

I noticed; that's why I got on Johnny. But my vb scripts wouldn't work, so I shrugged and went for another mail form script. I'll change that notice; proly whatever that vb is, Johnny doesn't like it. I'll put it up on a hoster later if you wanna pick at it, but that's another subject. ^^ (I'll go make another topic for that.)

I wasn't picking or anything, I just clicked on your link and it stuck out lol, it -is- in caps and emphasized afterall. Didn't want you thinking we didn't support VB at all though.

Actually that's the font I use; that font is perm bold. But yeah. I don't see a reason not to share it if someone can get it to work. :) Oh and if you wanna know what font I'm using, it's either: Trebuchet MS, Arial, or sans-serif. That's what's in my CSS.

Well, it should be fairly simple to port to C#, it still is .NET so objects and their properties and methods are the same, just different ways to invoke them. But that really deserves a topic in the web management forum, we kinda got off-topic here. Can you view your site now?

Yep, I can. And I'm working on said topic right now; going to put up the bare bones (actualy my old home should be up until the end of the month for a demo; That should give a good one.)

My friend just checked and it's saying, "No Site Configured At This Address" however.

That's a new one.. let me see what I can find..

EDIT: Ask them to try clearing the cache, if that doesn't fix it ask if they're using using the yahoo toolbar plugin.

No, she isn't using that toolbar plugin, but she'll clear cache and see what happens.

[Edit] should know about the other in a second, but if you wanna talk vb web form, topic's here ^^

[Edit again]She's still getting the same message, and as I said, no yahoo toolbar. /shrug I also checked at Down For Everyone or Just Me and it shows it is up. She can't get it to work at all even though that, however. I'm guessing it is a ISP problem for her.

I told her to give her ISP a punt(call them and yell at them); sometimes on other servers when that crap happens, the isp itself is being a stick in the mud, from my experience. Tho if it is a DNS issue here I'd like to know. :)

[Edit]The hard reload did the trick. She sees it now. Proly just a mess yesterday and isp being stick in the mud. If you want to know, I've seen something similar happen with RPGamer (if you know rpgs you know what that is) when it was seemingly down for a week, when it was Bellsouth being a royal pain in the south end and blocking it by mistake. I don't know how it happens, I'm not that big a nerd. I just know it does.