[Answered] Stevie Server

limitzcash

I am on the Johnny server right now, but my server keeps crashing, and i dont know why. Its getting really annoying.

Before I request for an account deletion, and move my site to Stevie Server, I was wondering if the server crashing is a user error, or a server error? If it is a server error, then I will just move to stevie server.

I have a dot Net domain.

Also, would my Licensed IP.Board work on stevie server? Would my server crash on stevie server also?

I have already backed up my home directory, and my database. So I am ready to delete my account, and move to stevie server, if its the right choice.

Thank you,

-Gary

Johnny is a virtual server on Charlie. As such, Johnny is more limited in terms of system resources. However, Johnny offers the full Heliohost feature set. While this may sometimes lead to instability, it allows HelioHost to isolate such instability to the customers that need it. Please note that if you intend to use Ruby on Rails, ASP.NET, or Java/JSP you must sign up on Johnny because Stevie does not offer these services. Sign up here.

Basically if you don't need RoR ASP .NET or JAVA, go ahead and switch. When a server fails it fails for everyone, not one user specifically.