Domain Question

stu

I've read all the Q&A on the site and it seems that I understood how this works.

1st I need to get 5000 Helions (500 posts)

2nd Send domain email to djbob (eg: www.example.com)

3rd Got my domain, need to write 25 posts (250 Helions) monthly

4th that's it?

do I have to make 500 posts annually (yearly)? or do I just make 25 posts every month once I get the domain?

There is more info that djbob needs, such as address and contact info to place into the domain to register it properly. I forget what, so he should comment sometime.

It comes out as roughly 42 extra posts a month to keep a domain going, so on top of hosting, you only need roughly two posts a day to keep your hosting and domain going :)

woah, (counting fingers), i'd need 500+(25*12)=800 posts yearly in order to get a .com domain. therefore, if 6 years is my goal here, i will need 4800 posts.

Wait, what if i only need the dot com domain but not the hosting? (I have hosting from another place), can I use the hosting I have right now with the new dot com domain? (I assume it {the domain} costs 500 posts a year)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...