[Answered] How To Print System Info

Bill Tj

Hi,

What is the best way to print system info? For example, I just want to get the result of "ruby -v". When I tried it using the PHP method, system() and exec() are disabled.

(Sometimes, the info at the website is out of date; for example, the Rails version according to http://www.heliohost.org/home/features/languages/ruby is 3.0.3, but according to "Installed Ruby Gem(s)" in cPanel, it is 3.1.3. The website says that the Ruby is 1.8.7, but I cannot be sure.)

(Also, in the worst case I can do the cron method, but hopefully there is a better way so that I don't have to wait another day just to print the system info.)

Best regards,

Bill

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion; it is very good to know about phpinfo(). Unfortunately, the Ruby version (as will be returned from "ruby -v") and none of the Ruby information is included in the output from phpinfo.

Regards,

Bill

phpinfo() will only provide information on PHP. This article should help, it allows you to pull different information about Ruby and Rails through an application:

http://blog.aizatto....uby-am-i-using/

Hi,

Thanks also for your suggestion. Right now, I cannot achieve it through the Ruby on Rails application, because there is something wrong with the rails app. I guess, I may go through a separate dedicated Ruby app (not with rails, maybe through CGI?).

Just a direct question, does anybody know what version of the Ruby is on Johnny? Thanks.

Regards,

Bill