[Answered] How To Install Ruby Gem (For Rails)

Bill Tj

Hi,

In the heliohost website, it says that

HelioHost allows every user to install their own Ruby Gems (Ruby code libraries) to use with Ruby on their accounts.

How do we install a gem (for Ruby on Rails)? Do we just create and run a one-time cron job with the following command: "gem install my_gem >/dev/null 2>&1" ? Thanks.

(Before I am sure, I do not want to just try the cron job because I may exceed the two cron jobs per user per day limit.)

Regards,

Bill

Hi,

Thanks. Actually using cron, it worked!

(For some reason, initially when I tried RubyGems in cPanel, the "Install a Ruby Gem" did not work. Also, now, even though I have installed the gem, the RubyGems in cPanel still does not show the newly installed gem. Therefore, probably the RubyGems in cPanel needs some maintenance.)

Best regards,

Bill

Unfortunately, cPanel does not support our version of Rails. Glad you got it working!

Hi,

Because cPanel does not support our version of Rails, can I make suggestion to remove the "Ruby on Rails" from the "Software/Services" area on cPanel? It may confuse the new people trying the Ruby on Rails. Thanks.

Regards,

Bill

• Like 1