Asp.net Mysql Using Odbc - Error

hyrum.clyde

Upon trying to use MySQL.Data (MySQL Connector/Net Adapter) instead of ODBC, I got the following error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.5.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies.

File name: 'MySql.Data, Version=6.5.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d'

Here are my connection strings for ODBC and MySQL.Data:

<add name="MySQLConnString" connectionString="DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=johnny.heliohost.org;Database=****;User=****;Password=****;Option=3;" providerName="System.Data.Odbc" />

<add name="MySQLConnString2" connectionString="Server=johnny.heliohost.org;Database=****;Uid=****;Pwd=****;" providerName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" />

Is there something I am doing wrong? These errors lead me to think that the 2 drivers I need to connect to MySQL are just not installed on johnny... :wacko:

I have created a test page to show the errors I speak of. http://clyde.helioho...rg/AppData.aspx

On this page I have a button for ODBC and MySQL.Data tests. The ODBC one returns the libodbc.so error, while the MySQL.Data one returns the above Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data' error (as an "error on page")...

Note: both of these connections work perfectly on my development machine, just not once published to the johnny server.

Please help!