Wordpress Subdomain Network?

viclou

Question  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have tried to create a subdomain network with the documentation provided at http://codex.wordpre...reate_A_Network, however, it seems I am having trouble! Here's what I did:

1. Create a wildcard domain in cPanel (ex: *.yoursite.heliohost.org)
  2. Use the instructions provided above to enable a subdomain network
  3. Create a new non-existent subdomain site under the WP network settings (ex: somerandomwebsite999.yoursite.heliohost.org)
  4. ...and you run into this:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ on this server.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 Phusion_Passenger/3.0.11 mod_mono/2.6.3 mod_jk/1.2.30 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.7.1 Server at somerandomwebsite999.yoursite.heliohost.org Port 80

So.. what did i do wrong? Is it impossible to create a WP subdomain network? Please let me know in a reply.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...