[Solved] Queued: Infantex

www.infantex.com.mx is back online!

1) I changed the CNAME for mail.infantex.com.mx to ghs.google.com and now when I navigate to mail.infantex.com.mx I get to the login page for Google Apps mail, which is fine. (Why is that, I don't know, but it's OK.)

2) I tried changing the MX records to add the final dot, but I got an error message (destination must ge a fully-qualified domain name), so I let them without the trailing dot. They appear to be working right.

For my part, this issue is solved.

Just one question remains: Why didn't I receive an inactivity alert before my account deletion? I understand it's my responsability to login to cpanel at least once a month but, are you no longer sending reminders or alerts? I was relying on them.

Thanks to everyone who contributed and regards to all.

www.infantex.com.mx is back online!

1) I changed the CNAME for mail.infantex.com.mx to ghs.google.com and now when I navigate to mail.infantex.com.mx I get to the login page for Google Apps mail, which is fine. (Why is that, I don't know, but it's OK.)

2) I tried changing the MX records to add the final dot, but I got an error message (destination must ge a fully-qualified domain name), so I let them without the trailing dot. They appear to be working right.

For my part, this issue is solved.

Just one question remains: Why didn't I receive an inactivity alert before my account deletion? I understand it's my responsability to login to cpanel at least once a month but, are you no longer sending reminders or alerts? I was relying on them.

Thanks to everyone who contributed and regards to all.

1) When you set the CNAME for the domain mail.infantex.com.mx to ghs.google.com, you're basically saying that mail.infantex.com.mx is an alias of ghs.google.com, and thus you get redirected to gapps

And did you check your spam folder?

1) When you set the CNAME for the domain mail.infantex.com.mx to ghs.google.com, you're basically saying that mail.infantex.com.mx is an alias of ghs.google.com, and thus you get redirected to gapps

Yes, but I get redirected not to ghs.google.com but to www.google.com/a/infantex.com.mx, I don't know how ghs.google.com knows it's being redirected from infantex.com.mx in order to show the appropiate page. But I really don't care to know why. Thanks anyway.

And did you check your spam folder?

I hadn't checked, but I've just checked and the inactivity warning message is not there.

PS: Sorry if the quoting turns out messed up, it's my first time.

Yes, but I get redirected not to ghs.google.com but to www.google.com/a/infantex.com.mx, I don't know how ghs.google.com knows it's being redirected from infantex.com.mx in order to show the appropiate page. But I really don't care to know why. Thanks anyway.

When you are redirected to ghs.google.com google recieves an referrer heading, so that they know what domain you were redirected from.

PS: Sorry if the quoting turns out messed up, it's my first time.

Nothing wrong with your quoting, mate