[SOLVED] E-Mail Problems

TSF007

Hello,

I tried to send a mail from my google account but I get a delay report first then I get "Delivery failed".

However, I do receive emails from yahoo mail.

Other thing, I am setting up an email client in one of my subdomains but I can't get SMTP to work.

What exactly are the SMTP username and password?

Did you create a new email account in cPanel or did you try to use the default? The default email account that's there doesn't actually work, to my knowledge, you'll have to explicitly create a new one.

I did create a new one and I tried both of them but it didn't work.

I think Google might have us blocked. Post the exact errors you're receiving.

Well, I just checked my email. it came in yesterday but that doesn't change the fact that it was one day late so here is the error message "Delay Notifications"

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

qsm@toufs.heliohost.org

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 454 454 TLS currently unavailable (state 9).

----- Original message -----

MIME-Version: 1.0

Received: by 10.223.14.134 with SMTP id g6mr2308570faa.11.1318576974775; Fri,

14 Oct 2011 00:22:54 -0700 (PDT)

Received: by 10.152.4.133 with HTTP; Fri, 14 Oct 2011 00:22:54 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 10:22:54 +0300

Message-ID: <CAEbkZPBs1Bjt+jZ8V=4=WW+m01M5gva8b7A=gVqhXLV-93F2Fw@mail.gmail.com>

Subject: aaaaaa

To: qsm@toufs.heliohost.org

Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=001517447b8430c7d104af3d2099

ac casf w ffs a

The failure message was for the main e-mail with my user name so I was mistaken about that.

Well you created the username and password, right? Just go on cPanel and look at them.

Do you mean that the SMTP username and password are different for each email account I make ? That can't be possible, I am trying to configure a "web based" email client so I can access all of my email accounts "@toufs.heliohost.org" through this url "email.toufs.heliohost.org" . I configured IMAP and it is working; I can login and all but I can't send emails.

I'm also having problems with this.

I have my IMAP email set up through cPanel and configured in outlook 2010.

I can send emails from the address but not receive them. My gmail I was testing with consistently received the same errors as TSF007 got.

edit: I was able to receive automated emails.. from myself. One from WordPress and one Outlook test message.

I still cannot receive emails from outside sources.

edit2: One from gmail just came in from a day ago, severely delayed, it may be because I just newly registed on heliohost and the cu.cc subdomain.

Well you created the username and password, right? Just go on cPanel and look at them.

Do you mean that the SMTP username and password are different for each email account I make ?

It makes sense to me. Why would you be able to login to another person's account with your username and password?

It could be that Google is putting us on a watchlist since they have previous blocked us. Try a third email service.

There is something I am trying right now "for the SMTP" and will get back to you with result. :rolleyes:

I will try third email service too.

Do you mean that the SMTP username and password are different for each email account I make ?

It makes sense to me. Why would you be able to login to another person's account with your username and password?

It could be that Google is putting us on a watchlist since they have previous blocked us. Try a third email service.

I tried hotmail and it works fine, so that makes google the only service not working but it is strange because when I send from here to my google account it works fine.

the other problem with SMTP, it is ok now. I was trying to configure a roundcube client and I found what was missing; It turns out that I should use "%u" & "%p" for username and password respectively in order for it to use the same ones entered at the login page. Thank you very much for your support. Now that leaves only the google problem.

P.S: I tried posting a new reply but the system keeps putting it in this same reply

The reply thing is suppose to happen. Dunno if we can do anything about Google. It's better than before, considering in the past, they've blocked us completely. You're welcome for the support. G'luck with your site.

Please spare a few minutes to take our brief survey:

http://feedback.heliohost.org/

Your participation in this survey is greatly appreciated.