[SOLVED] Perl 500 Internal Server Error

James Leon

Am i doing something wrong?, The following file runs very well in any other perl environment, but, if I try running from my site (netxure.com) there is 500 internal server error. Can you help me, please? Best regards, James

P.S.

Account: c0rs0

Site: netxure.com

Path: /home1/c0rs0/public_html/cgi-bin/

file: me.test.pl

chmod: 777

Perl script:

#!/usr/bin/perl

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

print "<html><head>";

print "<title>CGI Test</title>";

print "</head>";

print "<body><h2>I just wrote a web page using Perl!</h2>";

print "</body></html>";

ERROR:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@netxure.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_mono/2.6.3 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.7.1 Server at netxure.com Port 80

Account: c0rs0

Site: netxure.com

Path: /home1/c0rs0/public_html/cgi-bin/

file: me.test.pl

chmod: 777

Perl script:

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"; 
print "<html><head>";
print "<title>CGI Test</title>";
print "</head>";
print "<body><h2>I just wrote a web page using Perl!</h2>";
print "</body></html>";

I tried his script on my site with permissions 777 like he stated and got a 500 error. After I set permissions to 755 it was ok. Maybe he has something else wrong if he changed the permissions.

Unusual, but works. Directory and file must be 755 instead 777 in order to be ok.

Thank you a lot.

I tried his script on my site with permissions 777 like he stated and got a 500 error. After I set permissions to 755 it was ok. Maybe he has something else wrong if he changed the permissions.

Unusual, but works. Directory and file must be 755 instead 777 in order to be ok.

Thank you a lot.

I didn't think about your folder. Most people don't change the default folder permissions. You shouldn't need anything greater than 755 folder or file on the heliohost servers, except on the Python egg_cache.

Congradulations jje! :)