MySql running ok?

maurizio

Hi I have 2 platforms installed, checked the credentials few times, still in both I get same kind of error, i.e. can't connect to the db

http://eduhelpline.heliohost.org/

http://eduhelpline.heliohost.org/managingnews

the DB of the Ushahidi instance is called maurizio_ushahidi U: maurizio_admin

and the DB of the Managingnews instance is called maurizio_mnews U: maurizio_admin

I can provide the passwords

You can check the settings of the Ushahidi in the following file

/public_html/application/config/database.php

still I get the following error:

An error was detected which prevented the loading of this page. If this problem persists, please contact the website administrator.

system/libraries/drivers/Database/Mysql.php [61]:

mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'maurizio_admin'@'216.218.192.170' (using password: YES)

The managingnews instance does not let me finish the installation since cannot connect to the DB, but I am using the right credentials I get the following error:

Failed to select your database on your MySQL database server, which means the connection username and password are valid, but there is a problem accessing your data. MySQL reports the following message: Access denied for user 'maurizio_admin'@'localhost' to database 'maurizio_mnews'.

Are you sure you have the correct database name?

Are you sure the database exists?

Are you sure the username has permission to access the database?

THANKS!

Hi :) According to our records, the user maurizio_admin exists, but has not been added to a database. To add the user, go into MySQL Databases from your cPanel and scroll down to 'Add Users to Database'. Then, select your user from the drop down and select your database from the drop down, and then click Add. Permission settings will appear: make sure that 'All Privledges' are ticked and click submit

I'm having problems with MySQL to. (Or it could be PHP)

Currently, I'm trying to upgrade my forum, but it freezes every time after 3 seconds.

And the upgrade makes my site unavailable...

I hope this could be sorted out soon.

Thanks any way,

Tjoene

EDIT: never mind. I finished the upgrade by manually restarting it every time.