PostgreSQL problems

rsprog

Hello, I'm having trouble connecting to and accessing my PostgreSQL database on Stevie. I read that it was recently upgraded, but I have not been able to connect to it with my web page or through cPanel's phpPgAdmin. In phpPgAdmin I receive a "login failed" error. When testing with php, pg_connect() returns a "permission denied" exception with "User does not have CONNECT privilege." It was working fine before the upgrade.

Just to add to my original post, the user I used to connect to my database with pg_connect() was a user with limited privileges, and apparently the CONNECT privilege is a new privilege that wasn't necessary before. When I changed the connection settings to use the default user for my account then I was able to connect fine. So the only real issue is not being able to access phpPgAdmin for whatever reason. Once I have access to that, I can grant the CONNECT privilege to all the users I have.

Can you try removing and re-adding all your users through cPanel?

Well, I could but I wouldn't be able to set their privileges through cPanel so these new users would be rather useless.

On the IRC, somebody uncovered an issue with PostgreSQL: PhpPgAdmin fails to login.

I can use pg_connect() in PHP fine though.

Yes, pg_connect() works fine. It seems the login problem with phpPgAdmin is unrelated to the privileges issue I run into when connecting with limited users.

Well, I could but I wouldn't be able to set their privileges through cPanel so these new users would be rather useless.

I think cPanel would set the privileges for you.