Heliomobile Beta

jje

Hello everyone! In the last week I have been constructing a new service that HelioHost has to offer called HelioMobile! HelioMobile is a mobile-optimized version of HelioNetworks' services, and can also be used as a native Web App in some circumstances. And today, I have decided to release version 0.1 BETA.

HelioMobile is an open source PHP website that provides mobile users an optimized version of the services HelioNetworks offer, including an instant update on the server status, twitter feed, and cPanel logins. As well as that, there are links to the many different areas of HelioHost as well as commonly used scripts built right into the system. HelioMobile can be browsed in any normal mobile web browser or it can be installed as a Web App on any iOS device. HelioMobile has been tested on iPhone and iPod Touch, but many other mobile operating systems should be able to display it. To access HelioMobile, go to www.helionet.org/m from your mobile device.

To find out more about HelioMobile, visit the official project website at:

http://www.helionet.org/m/

To report bugs, suggest features, browse the source code, and make HelioMobile better:

https://www.github.c...rks/HelioMobile

Hi,

I am not experienced in Android web apps because I do not own an Android phone. If you own one, mind if you test it and let me know if it works okay? It will be really hard for me to program since I can't actually test it on Android..

I will investigate Android Web Apps since I'm only experienced in iOS.

In 0.2 BETA, xaav has suggested that I look into jQuery Mobile which supports most/all mobile platforms (including Android and iOS).

Thanks,

Well, the wiki.heliohost.org is related with the service of HelioHost, not the projects that we create.

Since the source code and issues are held on Github, we thought it might be a good idea to keep the wiki articles on our Helio projects all in one place instead of burying them within the wiki.heliohost.org articles

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Old topic but interesting. Especially since I got my first Android phone just yesterday. Yes I am behind the times. Have used Windows smart phones for years though.

I still did not get the latest and greatest but it is very cool to me - Droid Incredible 2 with Android 2.2

Will have to test drive all the Helio sites on my phone now.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...