How can others access databases?

RaineAndrews

So I uploaded a database through myphpadmin's import, but I can't find the database anywhere in the file manager, only when I use mysql or phpadmin. I'm not sure how anyone could use it even. I blame my ignorance, but I can't seem to find the information elsewhere. I found out how I might be able to get into the database using php code on the support wiki, but I have no idea how someone else would go about accessing it. Thanks for any help you can give me.

The way it works is that our databases are named using username_dbname, so that users can't access other user's databases. You must create the database in cpanel first, then import it inside phpMyAdmin. You should be able to use a text editor to do a find/replace in the SQL file you are importing to change the db name.

All right, I actually did that already, because I wasn't allowed to create a database with the name it already was. I figured it was a database naming error. So it's all loaded up. So if somone wants to access it, do they just put in my domain name and tack home1/raine/raine_databasename/index.php at the end. That's how it works on the localhost WAMPserver made. Though, I still don't see it anywhere but in mysql and myphpadmin, you would think it would show up somewhere in my cpanel...

I did. When I double checked this, I found that the database didn't have a user associated to it. But I fixed that. I had to make a new user though. I also looked through the sql real fast and noticed the host was still localhost. Should I update that? It should be my domain name, right?