Addon domain

Flashmedia

I know. I'm not going to point a nameserver to it before it is changed to .co.za or I find a way to get past that restriction because I don't own that domain and I don't want it either. I think the easiest solution would be if someone could change the za.net to co.za

If somebody else already owns this domain name (http://diablosa.co.za) then you CAN'T use it. But you don't even have this domain (http://diablosa.za.net) to change even if co.za did belong to you.

I'm not sure you understand. I want the following to happen:

1. A person types in diablosa.co.za in their browser or clicks it from google or something.

2. The co.za domain points the user to ns1.eu.editdns.net because that is how I registered it. This already works perfectly and it's almost impossible to change.

3. ns1.eu.editdns.net contains a record that sends any user that wants to visit diablosa.co.za to 82.197.131.62 which is a file host's shared IP. This already works perfectly.

4. 82.197.131.62 accepts the user because the user is requesting diablosa.co.za. This already works perfectly.

I want to change the 3rd and 4th steps as follows:

3. ns1.eu.editdns.net contains a record that sends any user that wants to visit diablosa.co.za to 65.19.143.3 which is a file host's shared IP. (heliohost's stevie server)

4. 65.19.143.3 accepts the user because the user is requesting diablosa.co.za.

But if I change my dns servers's record to 65.19.143.3 the following will happen:

3. ns1.eu.editdns.net contains a record that sends any user that wants to visit diablosa.co.za to 65.19.143.3 which is a file host's shared IP. (heliohost's stevie server)

4. 65.19.143.3 rejects the user because the user is requesting diablosa.co.za. A diablosa.co.za 'folder'/'catagory' (I have no idea what the server's insides are like) does not exist on the server.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) From what I can tell you don't even have this site with Heliohost to change:

http://diablosa.za.net

Post a working page from that domain name.

What do you mean with a working page? Like a screenshot of the cpanel page?

2) You can't have two sites using the same domain name. You will have a dns conflict.

I don't want two sites with the same domain name. I'm not sure what I said made you think that I do.

No not a screen shot. Just a simple html page with that domain.

There are no html pages with that domain because it does not exist. I used diablosa.za.net during registration at heliohost because the registration would not accept diablosa.co.za. But diablosa.za.net is not registered as a valid domain as far as I know and it does not have any dns servers hosting it.

You said you wanted the adminstrator to change you heliohost domain to this:

http://diablosa.co.za

Which is already hosted somewhere else. If he does that then you would have two sites using the same domain name.

Yes I did ask but that's OK since:

1. I don't want to use heliohost's name servers.

2. No one could ever ask heliohost's name server for the IP to my site because the name server is not authoritative according to the domain registrar. If I set up a dns server at my house that points google.com to 123.123.123.123 it will never effect anyone or anything because the I haven't changed the whois file on the .com registrar's server. And I can't either. So if the administrator changes my domain to diablosa.co.za the only thing that could happen is me being happy.

There are no html pages with that domain because it does not exist. I used diablosa.za.net during registration at heliohost because the registration would not accept diablosa.co.za. But diablosa.za.net is not registered as a valid domain as far as I know and it does not have any dns servers hosting it.

If it were a working site on the heliohost server it would be using the heliohost name servers.

1. I don't want to use heliohost's name servers.

2. No one could ever ask heliohost's name server for the IP to my site because the name server is not authoritative according to the domain registrar. If I set up a dns server at my house that points google.com to 123.123.123.123 it will never effect anyone or anything because the I haven't changed the whois file on the .com registrar's server. And I can't either. So if the administrator changes my domain to diablosa.co.za the only thing that could happen is me being happy.

If you have a site on the heliohost server it has to use the heliohost name servers.

If it were a wrking site on the heliohost server it would be using the heliohost name servers.

It's not a working site on the heliohost server, it's just sitting there without any content.

If you have a site on the heliohost server it has to use the heliohost name servers.

How did Upendran manage without it then?

If it were a working site on the heliohost server it would be using the heliohost name servers.

It's not a working site on the heliohost server, it's just sitting there without any content.

How did Upendran manage without it then?

Just wait for one of the administrators because I can't explain it any better than I already have.