[Solved] Account not found

anjelliclecats

Hi,

I just created an account on Stevie server yesterday. I was able to login yesterday (to cpanel and FTP) but today I attempted to login to the cpanel admin page and the page can no longer be found. I checked the status page for my account but the account was not found. Additionally, I tried cleaning out my cache but that doesn't seem to work either. (Also can't FTP into account). Did it get deleted?

User name: anjellic

Domain name: anjelliclecats.heliohost.org

Server name: Stevie

Jess

Guest Geoff

It appears that our nameservers were experiencing problems earlier, but now they are solved. However, it will take 24 hours for the changes to propagate throughout the internet.

@djbob Cody is not authoritative for a lot (maybe all) *.heliohost.org records. The problem is fixed because ns1.heliohost.org is working correctly now, but ns2.heliohost.org is still broken.

Geoff: are you sure you're phrasing that correctly? A nameserver is authoritative for a domain if that domain (or its earliest parent doman) has an NS record for that nameserver. In this sense, I would imagine that ns2.heliohost.org is authoritative for all HelioHost domains.

Are you saying that Cody doesn't have the records for a lot of *.heliohost.org domains? That might be the case. I'm running the following command on Cody right now to sync all the records:

/scripts/dnscluster syncall --full

If this happens again in the future, you could try running that command and seeing if it helps. Make sure to run it in screen, though, as it takes a while.

UPDATE

Syncing is done. "rndc reload" is failing for some unknown reason (possible related to the issue at hand), so I'm running /scripts/restartsrv_named.

UPDATE

Looks like named.conf was broken on Cody. Consequently, ns2.heliohost.org is currently down. Running a script (mv /etc/named.conf /etc/named.conf.broken; /scripts/rebuildnamedconf) on Cody to rebuild named.conf...

UPDATE

Okay, named.conf rebuilt and named restarted on Cody. Both nameservers seem to be correctly responding to DNS requests now.

Guest Geoff
Geoff: are you sure you're phrasing that correctly? A nameserver is authoritative for a domain if that domain (or its earliest parent doman) has an NS record for that nameserver. In this sense, I would imagine that ns2.heliohost.org is authoritative for all HelioHost domains.

Probably not. I just quoted it from mydnscheck.com.

If this happens again in the future, you could try running that command and seeing if it helps. Make sure to run it in screen, though, as it takes a while.
I don't have SSH access to Cody.