V for Vendetta

Prashant

Well, the vacations have started and I have got enough time to watch a Movie a day.

So after hearing a lot of praise about action stunts and the news that this movie is from wachwoski brothers I decided to watch this movie at the multiplex.

here goes the review :

The story is based on an old comic strip. Set in a Britain of the future, which is under a totallitarian government. Enter "V", a freedom fighter, sort of like a modern day Guy Fawkes.

Hugo Weaving has done an brilliant job, even though we never get to see his face. Natalie Portman is very good. And I liked the chappie playing the inspector :D

Well, those expecting a typical Wachowski fare, be warned. It isnt exactly an out and out action film. And it isnt loaded with SFX either. The first half is quite fast pace, but the second half drags a wee bit. The couple of major action sequences are quite exciting.

I would say watch it for hugo weaving :P He's come a long way since his agent smith and Elrond days....

My Ratings out of a scale of 7:

Storyline == 2.67

Storyline == 4.33

Screenplay == 3.33

Cinematography == 5.33

Sound/Music == 5.33

COmments: This movie can get an OSCAR for Dialouge delievery but unfortunately there's no such creteria.

Err... one question... y is it rated on a scale of 7? Decimal-Hater! [:P]

Because I am 7 lover :D . Well actually if I rated this movie @ a scale of 10 the scores would have been quite less and if @ 5 the scores would have been even more pathetic. :P

And BTW I believe in precision units :D

• 1 month later...

Wow...I would have given this movie (out of 10) an 8. I thought it was a bit more of a thinking movie, and the action was great! Natalie Portman was very good and Hugo Weaving was great.

It's not a PERFECT movie, but it's a good time. I'll probably get it on DVD.