Deploying some projects Rails & Java Servlets

Hi, after completing some projects in a part time course I'm trying to put them online as a portfolio of sorts, but I've only ever deployed simple HTML/ CSS sites, which is fine, but need some help running these other ones:

Rails:

I've created my database and uploaded the application, and set it to Auto run on boot, created a Rewrite URL but after that not sure what to do, even after I click the Run button in Rails part of cpanel, the app status always says "Not Running"

Java Servlets:

I've uploaded my project folder (created in Netbeans) it uses as .jsp landing page (which is ok) that redirects to a .java servlet file (which doesn't show)

Any help would be appreciated! :unsure:

http://randomblob.heliohost.org/

Guest Geoff
I've created my database and uploaded the application, and set it to Auto run on boot, created a Rewrite URL but after that not sure what to do, even after I click the Run button in Rails part of cpanel, the app status always says "Not Running"

Fixed.

I've uploaded my project folder (created in Netbeans) it uses as .jsp landing page (which is ok) that redirects to a .java servlet file (which doesn't show)

Seems we don't have JSP installed yet.

Fixed.

Seems we don't have JSP installed yet.

Well I still see Not Running so maybe I haven't configured it properly.

Wizard: Yeah I followed that guide at the beginning (not sure about "We strongly recommend establishing a path within the public_html directory, as allowing the Mongrel daemon access to your root directory may be dangerous." in step 2 though)

My app is using/written in rails 2.3.8, would that be causing problems perhaps?

Guest Geoff

If you would like JSP, please post in the Requests for Java/JSP in Customer Service. Thanks.

Well I still see Not Running so maybe I haven't configured it properly.

Strange. I can create a fresh rails application in cpanel, and it works perfectly.