php Coding

I use dreamweaver cs4 to design webpages. But i'm unable to use that in case of php scripts. In my design window, i don't see the effects of php script. I think this happens because there is no php server there, integreted inside dreamweaver. While making php site, it gives the options to set php server if i want to edit it locally. For that, i installed "wamp", but i think i was unable to configure them well to make my job done. So, lastly i want to ask for any easy solution.

I'm not sure if I 100% understand your question, but...

Couldn't you make the PHP file in Dreamweaver and then upload it to HelioHost via FTP?

If you want to see the effects of PHP in the design window, then I don't think this is possible. The Design window is meant for the Design, not the effects of PHP.

You could also use WAMP or XAMPP to test drive your files, as they don't require upload. ;)

You have to tell dreamweaver where to transfer the files for your site. You have to find the options for a "testing server", and set the location where to transfer the files. You have to then enter the URL that corresponds to that location.

You have to tell dreamweaver where to transfer the files for your site. You have to find the options for a "testing server", and set the location where to transfer the files. You have to then enter the URL that corresponds to that location.

Are you using linux or windows to develop on? If windows, I like Edit Plus (shareware, I bought it... its that good)

Thanks to all. I am using Windows7. I installed wamp and i was able to configure it correctly. Now I can at least see my progress. I'd like to ask one more thing.

I am new to this HTML world. I have superficial knowledge of almost everything. I mean HTML, CSS, PHP, flash web sites. But i think that its not that perfect, that allows me to make a professional website that features user login and posting etc. It would be quite helpful to me if i get the code blocks for separate jobs. I will assemble them together to make the site. Can you tell me a place where i can find this. For ex - If someone gives me complete login system code and another one tells me how to manage the database, i can make the site.