Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

The upload failed. Please contact a member of staff to help rectify the problem

I got this error while uploading a 5.9kb .gif image for my avatar. Please help.

I've just tried it - getting the same error.

After some research I've found the problem:

I figured out that there is a folder inside of the uploads folder that needed to be chmod 0777

I can't chmod stuff (well, at least I don't think I can - another admin might be able to confirm this?), so we will have to wait for another administrator to fix this. :)

EDIT: For now, please can you reply to this topic and attach the avatar you desire, and I will add it to your account from my end. :)

I've just tried it - getting the same error.

After some research I've found the problem:

I figured out that there is a folder inside of the uploads folder that needed to be chmod 0777

I can't chmod stuff (well, at least I don't think I can - another admin might be able to confirm this?), so we will have to wait for another administrator to fix this. :)

EDIT: For now, please can you reply to this topic and attach the avatar you desire, and I will add it to your account from my end. :)

Oh man! I think all upload directories have been blocked simultaneously. I got an error "Upload failed. Please ask the admin to ensure the uploads directory is available"

I can't chmod stuff (well, at least I don't think I can - another admin might be able to confirm this?), so we will have to wait for another administrator to fix this.

I'll open a topic in the mod forum.

Ok - your avatar is now set. :)

We are now trying to fix the problem - we are discussing the matter in the Moderator's Forum.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

EDIT: Our root admin has identified the cause of the issue: HelioNet has recently been moved to our new server, Charlie (Cody). This issue should be fixed soon.

The administrators have now identified the cause of the issue and has now been fixed. Uploads should be working fine now.

Anyone who is experiencing problems with the uploads should start a new topic.

Closing...