Should You Be Able to Bear Arms?

stan92

I think that you should not have the right to bear arms. Yes, I know, mabye you are thinking right now that it's for your own protection, but I think that people are not doing what you are suppose to do with it. Just pretend that someone tries to break into your house and you use your gun. You catch the person and dies from the impact of the bullet. Then his/her friends or relatives or someone close to his/her comes over and finds you then starts shooting the person who shot the house breaker. Then the owner of the house would die, and then this chain reaction will start happening. This is one of the many reasons why I think that you would not hae the right to bear arms.

The right to bear arms is not for personal reasons at all. If you read what the constitution says, it says you have the right to bear arms in order to form a milita. The only reason you have the right to own arms is in the case of invasion, should you need to help protect the area around you.

Well, in this age, I think it is more personal than public. In the past, people faced a lot of unorganized violence, while they face much less nowadays. And when countries want to kill inside another country, it is usually done with bombings.

I am actually confused about the concealed carry laws. Are you or are you not permitted to carry a concealed weapon? I am thinking you can, provided you aren't walking around downtown New York with an M16 under your trenchcoat or something :lol:. If you can't, is this not a violation of the Bill of Rights?

Oh, and stan, you are fined for double posting.