AMD surpasses Intel in U.S. retail stores

HerLoss

Its about time, considering AMD has been making better and cheaper chips than intel for awhile. Read the whole story at http://news.com.com/AMD+surpasses+Intel+in...39522&subj=news

Desktop computers and notebooks with AMD chips accounted for 49.8 percent of PCs sold in domestic stores for the month, compared with Intel's 48.5 percent of the market, according to the Current Analysis report.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, I know, I'll act like Mystpdnm, AMD processors have a better framerate for gaming, and mature gamers have AMD processors.

I have 2 AMD, for gaming, and 1 Pentium 4, for work.

Oh, I know. You can act like yourself and go [bleeped!] yourself in your [bleeped!] [bleeped!]! :thumbsup:

And I actually don't support AMD, I only use Intel processors. They have larger caches, have higher clock speeds, and are more reliable.

And charge 600+ for a chip that costs them only 40 to make.

That's cuz you don't understand consumer electronics. Companies have to sell stuff with retail prices that are higher than the manufacturing costs so that they can make a profit, dumbass. And manufacturing costs aren't everything. You didn't take into account all the development and research that goes into designing the chip. Not to mention that facilities and equipment with which the chips are manufactured.