Top 10 Browser

Arjun

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love Firefox (though I am now leaning more towards Chrome); however, there's the problem that some sites simply don't work unless they're opened on Internet Explorer, and for that reason I am stuck using that as well.

Newer and faster? When is that?

The problem isn't just the speed of the browser though. I usually browse with very many tabs open, and for multi-tab browsing Firefox is the best, memory-usage wise. Chrome and IE can't match up, though maybe with the new version coming out it'll get better.

(Plus Firefox has a lot of add-ons that I like. (: )

I use Chrome. Firefox has become too bloated and slow for my liking. I used to use it; but since Chrome became more stable, I've started using that. It also seems to be much faster with multi-core CPUs.

I really really really hated it when I had like 10-20 tabs open in FF and some flash component on a page died on me, and I ended up having to re-open them all again, or even close FF and stop what I was doing at that time. Chrome just lets the tab crash and lets you keep doing that you're doing. Also has extensions; but not that many features as to make it bloated on install. FF does, imo.

#1 Firefox: standards compliance; fast ECMAScript; stable; MPL-licensed.

Some of my most-used browsers not appearing in this poll:

- elinks (for when I'm GUI-deprived, or testing for the visually impared)

- Opera Mini (for mobile devices)

- Arora (when I need a light second browser)

My hands-down favourite was Konqueror, but it's sadly behind on the web side now.

Arjen: the latest stable Firefox handles plugin crashes more gracefully on some platforms. Though I'm still worried Firefox might someday become as bloated as Mozilla was.

The first thing is... I hate Internet Explorer! It really s***!

The way Mykrohzofd disregards standards and fails to improve annoys me. When everybody does a fine work designing with css rules and javascript that will work wonderfully on most browsers, still we have to design twice, just to prevent our masterpiece to look messed in ie browsers.

When Mozilla hit the web (R.I.P.) I switched inmediately, and I lived happy for a while, then Firefox came, Mozilla died and I switched. Then Chrome arrived, I tested it and I found it simple enough to use, robust enough to trust and fast enough to prefer, plus some features that I like.

However, it's hard to decide which one should be first. Matter of factly, I think FF and Chrome share the engine... at least, the proyect was based the the source code of the Mozilla project.

Let's say Firefox rocks, Chrome rules and ie s***s!

Note: post is self censored, but I think we all know what I think about ie/mykrohzofd!

Chrome is based on AppleWebKit/Safari

Firefox is based on Gecko/Mozilla

They do not use the same rendering engine.

But I do agree with you on IE. I really hate IE. None of my websites/ web creations support it. In fact, some of them even crash the browser.