Top 10 Browser

Arjun

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In this We discuss about top 10 browser.............

1. Firefox 3.5

Publisher: Mozilla

Download Now for Free

2. Google Chrome

Publisher: Google, Inc.

Download Now Free

3. Internet Explorer 8

Publisher: Microsoft

Download Now Free

4. Opera 9.6

Publisher: Opera

Download Now Free

5. Safari 4

Publisher: Apple

Download Now Free

6. Maxthon 2.5

Publisher: Maxthon International Ltd

Download Now Free

7. Flock 2

Publisher: Flock

Download Now Free

8. Avant Browser 11.7

Publisher: Avant Force

Download Now Free

9. Deepnet Explorer 1.5

Publisher: Deepnet Security Ltd

Download Now Free

10. PhaseOut 5

Publisher: PhaseOut

Download Now Free

• 2 weeks later...

My brother uses Chrome. He says it's engine runs faster than Firefox's. But I'm a big fan of the Firefox plugin Ad Block Plus, and Chrome doesn't seem to have a vast plugin-system like Firefox does, so I stick with Firefox.

I use Chrome and I love it. The only problem is that I run into programs or websites that aren't made for Chrome. Only Firefox and IE. So then I have to switch over for a few seconds to view the website.

I had this problem for college. I had to take an Alcohol EDU test before I could receive my schedule and scholarship money and the test could only be taken in Firefox or IE.

Also, I feel that Chrome runs a lot smoother and faster than my Firefox used to. But I do have to agree with you guys that Firefox has a vast amount of plugins.

I use Chrome and I love it. The only problem is that I run into programs or websites that aren't made for Chrome. Only Firefox and IE. So then I have to switch over for a few seconds to view the website.

I had this problem for college. I had to take an Alcohol EDU test before I could receive my schedule and scholarship money and the test could only be taken in Firefox or IE.

Also, I feel that Chrome runs a lot smoother and faster than my Firefox used to. But I do have to agree with you guys that Firefox has a vast amount of plugins.

If you're using Chrome right now, do you want to do me a favor?

I'm curious if the latest version of Chrome passes the Acid3 test, but my brother doesn't want to take the time to click on a link.

It's located here. You basically let it perform the test, and if you get to 100/100 then your browser passed.

Firefox used to pass this test but recently they changed something and now it only gets a 96/100.

Back on Topic: Does anyone use Chromium (the open source beta of Chrome)?

I've never seen Firefox pass Acid3.

However, I've only seen it fail Acid2 once, but it's fixed now:

Every browser is different, but the Acid tests follow the web standards, so if your browser doesn't pass, it doesn't follow the Web Standards that it should be.

Some people think they shouldn't waste their time making their browsers follow the test though (for example, Internet Explorer 7 failed Acid2, and Microsoft didn't bother trying to fix it until Internet Explorer 8).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid2#Non-com...nt_applications

It's important, because imagine that your website was like these tests. If your browser can't view these tests correctly, the website you're making isn't going to show up correctly on these non-compliant browsers, and you have to add special exceptions.

Hey there. I'm using Opera. Tried both Firefox and Chrome (i had both for ~6 months) and somehow their look and feel is just not right for me.

Since I am not addons addict, Opera fits me fine. However i noticed that Firefox is a little bit slowish. I liked Chrome minimalistic look a lot, but when i saw my beloved Opera going for 10th version (which meens tabs in title bar), i rolled back to it.

Now i made an acid3 test here with Opera 10.61:

Now the funny thing is when you double click "You should not see this at all" text, you get unexpexted behaviour:

Which indicates FAIL! :D

• 2 weeks later...