Using arrows to turn the page? Code, I think PHP or CSS?

Hi, I've seen this design used but I can't quite figure out how its done. It looks like its done in PHP or CSS, or some kind of HTML? I can't exactly describe it, so I attached a picture so you can understand what I mean.

post-10197-1276751739_thumb.png

How is this done? Where the arrows you click can scroll you to the next page, and it slides. I'm sorry I can't describe this better >_< . If anybody knows how or has a script/code they can share with me I'd be very thankful. xD I'm dying to know how to do it because I could design such pretty sites. ;P

edit* oh, they might also be div things that scroll, I think I've heard of that before, but I have no idea how to start using it. xP

Guest Geoff

I investigated the home page of heliohost.org, with the scrolling arrows, just like you described and found that they use the MooContentScroller from http://mootools.net/. I am sure that djbob can confirm this, although I might not be correct.

• 2 weeks later...

My reply is probably too late, as I don't check the forums that often.

- if you're looking for tabs, with or without a scrolling effect, then check out jquery tools download the tabs one, and/or with scrolling. You'll need jquery, which can be easily included using google's CDN.

- an alternative to the tabbed scrolling effect would be coda slider or jflow, which you can find a tutorial on here. both require jquery.

- if you want to scroll an entire page, as found on my site or here, get scrollTo

- There are of course other implementations using other libraries, such as moocontentscroller as mentioned above, which uses mootools

- here's another jquery scrolling effect

- you can also just google "content slider" for more stuff like this

good luck with whatever you're doing.