Can I take advantage of MySQL?

jje

Hi,

I've got a site that requires logging in and signing up that works like no other site and I need a place to keep all the personal details that users give us so that only Admins can give us. I was thinking I could (somehow) put all of my users details into a MySQL Database so that my other fellow Admins could access them if required.

Is this possible, or is this not such a good idea.

Thanks,

JJE

Hi,

I've got a site that requires logging in and signing up that works like no other site and I need a place to keep all the personal details that users give us so that only Admins can give us. I was thinking I could (somehow) put all of my users details into a MySQL Database so that my other fellow Admins could access them if required.

Is this possible, or is this not such a good idea.

Thanks,

JJE

What is the function of your site?

I'm not very experienced with HTML, PHP, Perl, or anything like that. But here's how it works:

On the signup form, when users click 'Submit', it sends a FormMail CGI/Perl script which send the signup information to me and my fellow administrators. One of the admins have to manually create the account.

For a user to login, they have to go to a certain web address to access their account, like:

http://www.chatbook.co.uk/username-87654

The directory that they go to is a password protected directory.

Maybe it is one of the worst methods of signing up and logging in, but I am planning to hopefully change the Login to a login like any other website, when Java/JSP is enabled on HelioHost.

I am trying to keep user's private data somewhere so my fellow admins and me can access, and I was thinking I could maybe take advantage of MySQL?

Thanks,

JJE

Wizard, the second thing that you bolded I wasn't ment to type. *embarressed*.

I had a very bad arm yesterday (was in a sling) and I was having trouble typing.

I ment 'so that only Admins can retrieve the information'.

Sorry!

Sure, but what's the function of your site? Some sort of chatroom right? There is probably software out there for what you want to do, so that you won't have to code it. So I ask you again, what's the function of your site?