Swapping Urls: Im very very stuck :(

Hi, I've been having a bit trouble in trying to rebrand my site originally at Audality.co.cc (at time of writing still us). I want to switch the site url from the former to www.punctured-drum.com, I took a quick hunt about the threads that are already here and figured I could swap over easy enough. I put punctured-drum.com in the parked domains in cpanel then set my DNS servers in godaddys control panel.

I then went to my original url hostin and took the nameservers off and set it up as a redirect when I woke up the next morning the entire thing had gone wrong, no images were loading and the site wouldn't let me beyond the first page under the url punctured-drum.com and audality.co.cc had totally stopped working. I reset everything to the way it was before and the problem seems to have sorted itself. But I need it swapped over from audality.co.cc to punctured-drum.com.

Any help would be great.

Do you have Hotlink protection on your images? You don't want to remove the dns on your original domain are you won't be able to login. Would you rather I just change your domain to punctured-drum.com?

Do you have Hotlink protection on your images? You don't want to remove the dns on your original domain are you won't be able to login. Would you rather I just change your domain to punctured-drum.com?

If thats possible then yeah that would be great :D

i'm sorry i didn't realise it would be such bother if you need my cpanel username its Insomnia

I figured i would revive this topic rather than start a new one.

I've gotten stuck again and im sorry for being a pain in the backside. Once you kindly changed the domains over for me the site returned to not loading the images properly. I nipped into my cpanel remembering it being mentioned that i might have had hotlink protection on and i switched it on as i wasn't paying attention properly ( totally my fault i'll admit) and i instantly switched it back off again. But since then the site hasn't loaded at all and if you go to http://www.punctured-drum.com you will see i get an unable to connect to remote location error. i tried checking the old url http://www.audality.co.cc which also didn't work (i wasn't surprised at that though). I was wondering if any of the staff could enlighten me to what's happened, what i've broken and slap me on the wrists for being an idiot if that seems to be i am being one :P

p.s i can actually log in to my cpanel from the helionet website if thats any help.

Also just read the news, shan times, if thats the problem then fair enough and hope you guy can get it fixed soon :D

The server has been under a DDoS attack for the last couple of days and nobody's site is up at the moment. You can read about it from the News link on the first page of the forum.

On another note, I checked the links on your site fter I changed your domain name and instead of relative urls your site was using the full path which was http://audality.co.cc. If the links didn't change themselves (which I doubt they did) after the change took effect, you will either have to go and change them manually or I suggest you re-install wordpress with your new domain (if that's not too much of a hassle).

You could do this to fix the relative links issue:

download your website via ftp

open all the pages of you website in notepad++

go ctr+f then in the find field enter your first domain and in the replace field enter you second domain then click replace in all documents. Save and exit.

reupload the pages via ftp

Success

I have a question; I want the site to come up as www.example.com not example.werl.heliohost.org (my current site) is this possable?

If you own this domain: example.com then you could set that up as an addon domain and people could click onto that domain. If you don't own that domain than you might be able to get it to show in the browser window with htaccess, but I don't know how. You could ask in the forum below under Apache configuration.

http://www.codingforums.com/