I would like some help with a PHP and SQL script

So first I would like to say hello. I found this great site through my Google search for free hosting, and it seems like an amazing place as far as hosting goes. But I have a question concerning PHP and SQL programming. I would like to create a PHP script and SQL command to store and post a persons Xbox Live Gamer Tag (I'm creating a Modern Warfare 2 clan site). But I'm a newb at PHP and SQL, and really don't want to use a CMS because A: They reaplce my index page or B: They just don't work for me. I have the HTML form complete and I'm limping through the PHP script (I'm barely done) and haven't even touched the SQL side of the equation. Are there any tutorials or advice you could give me, or point me in the right direction? If it helps I can also post what I have done so far.

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
So first I would like to say hello. I found this great site through my Google search for free hosting, and it seems like an amazing place as far as hosting goes. But I have a question concerning PHP and SQL programming. I would like to create a PHP script and SQL command to store and post a persons Xbox Live Gamer Tag (I'm creating a Modern Warfare 2 clan site). But I'm a newb at PHP and SQL, and really don't want to use a CMS because A: They reaplce my index page or B: They just don't work for me. I have the HTML form complete and I'm limping through the PHP script (I'm barely done) and haven't even touched the SQL side of the equation. Are there any tutorials or advice you could give me, or point me in the right direction? If it helps I can also post what I have done so far.

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Mike

I work with PHP and SQLite. If you layout some details about exactly what you want (ie - is the user going to enter data from a page or are you going to do all the data entry yourself?) I might can help get you started.