Google Talk!

nicflohn

GAIM is old school :P. I use MSN Messenger, but with the Messenger Plus plugin with the Stuffplug NG plugin with the tab manager enabled and the internet browser installed as a tab, and then I go to meebo.com and login to all my messengers at the same time through MSN. :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MSN slows your computer down? Man, I thought mine was old...

I can tell you though, Google Talk uses almost no system memory, is well integrated into your inbox, and not overloaded with useless features. The sad thing about me saying MSN has useless features is I downloaded something to get more... pretty much just use it to see when someone was last on...

Yep, my computer isn't too good.... the main thing in msn that slows my computer down is those "big conversations" with more than two participants. They make my computer die...

Yeah, I kinda can relate to you with that. I downloaded msg plus and a plug-in or two and yet I think MSN Messenger has too many useless features, like winks and nudges! [bleeped!], I hate those!

• 2 weeks later...
I think I might check out Google Talk sometime.

Well, the setup is the easiest that I have ever used. I mean, you just click on the thing, and suddenly, you have it. But still, I think that Google Talk is the most overrated instant messenger ever, AIM comes close, but it wins the overrused award.

they all just messangers...

Wrong. Not all instant messengers are "just messengers". Some are better than others, and feature excellent features that you don't find elsewhere. I would rank MSNIM and Yahoo! Messenger among my top five favourites list. And among the worst are perhaps AIM and some bad ones. On the other hand, Google Talk is mediocre. There is the benefits of being minimalist, but on the other hand, it is lacking in features. So I am split in between. While some people might like it, or hate it.

• 2 weeks later...

myscrnnm, alot of people use AIM. Yes it is terrible. But don't tell other people to shut up because you disagree with them. I don't care how right you think you are. If we were to go by your logic that you use whenever you are trying to prove everyone else wrong, AIM is the best IM client because so many people use it.

So now I tell you this: you shut up, just because someone disagrees with you does not give you the right to insult them. Period.