Is an open directory crawler politically accaptable?

Wow. Just checked out your website and it looks awesome. This is really a great idea, congratulations.

I'm wondering if I could get juridical issues with it.

I agree with byron. Since you're not hosting any files, I don't think there would be a problem, because Google does the same - just index everything.

I can't say it for sure, though. The Pirate Bay did the same and look what happened.

Wow. Just checked out your website and it looks awesome. This is really a great idea, congratulations.

I'm wondering if I could get juridical issues with it.

I agree with byron. Since you're not hosting any files, I don't think there would be a problem, because Google does the same - just index everything.

I can't say it for sure, though. The Pirate Bay did the same and look what happened.

I thought what happened with Pirate Bay is a matter of torrent tracker and piracy, but not the crawler. -_-

Byron:

It is maybe not a robot crawling deep trough websites to index them and find new links, but it does crawl trough the search results of google looking for matching lines. Since open directories are often so big, this is a lot easier. With the build-in player the issue of pop-ups etc. is eliminated.

Suika:

Thanks!

What happened to the pirate bay was one of the reasons why I questioned this. It's a bit hard of course, but I reckon the pirate bay wasn't really a criminal site. Like you said, it didn't host files, well torrents, but that is nothing more than a textfile containing the tracker(s).

• 3 months later...

Now the next issue:

I bought a domain: www.dirmp3.net

Now everything works, even shinyer then version on heliohost. (Matching words in bold, using google custom search, with "unlimited" domains to exclude (rappidshare etc))

But

For google adSense I need to agree to this:

"I will not place ads on sites involved in the distribution of copyrighted materials."

In fact...the mp3's distributed with this script are probably copyrighted...

Any suggestions?

Anybody had succes with other add services?

Regs

• 3 weeks later...