How to make comments

Hi everybody,

I've just been trying to figure out how to get users to comment on a webpage - as in, say facebook or something where they can type something in a form and it shows up on the website for the rest of eternity (or until I decide I hate it). Kind of like making a forum, I guess. I would preferrably use php, but asp.net would work too. I'm okay with pretty much any language heliohost.org supports. Does the post function for php work in this case?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everybody,

I've just been trying to figure out how to get users to comment on a webpage - as in, say facebook or something where they can type something in a form and it shows up on the website for the rest of eternity (or until I decide I hate it). Kind of like making a forum, I guess. I would preferrably use php, but asp.net would work too. I'm okay with pretty much any language heliohost.org supports. Does the post function for php work in this case?

Have you looked at maybe using Wordpress in a blog format? Why not use an actual forum?

• 1 month later...
Hi everybody,

Have you looked at maybe using Wordpress in a blog format? Why not use an actual forum?

you should check out disqus. Google it - I don't know their website

hi, you can use the following php scripts for your need:

<?php
if(isset($_POST['submit'])){
/insert MYSQL INSERT command here in a particular database's table}
else{
//insert html form  here with method='post'
}
?>

And ,make a page that connects to mysql and extracts the table and echo the data and you are ready to view your comments on your website!

This is just a example if you need real working page wait............i will be back soon..

• 2 months later...

I've always wanted to allow users to comment on a page. The pages I made were in basic HTML, no php, no database, so what i used was a service from htmlcommentbox.com . They allow you to put comment boxes on a page, by simply copying and pasting a script, and you can moderate it if you have a Google account. I now run forums, so I don't need this service any more, but it is helpful if you want something simple.