Web hosting Review

deeterd

• 1 month later...

What did you use to take the snapshots? "PRT SCRN" and then crop it?

Just looking for other ways to take snapshots :)

EDIT: whoops, didn't check the date. I lol'd when forx did it right after you said not to :P

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
With the rediculously low cost of web hosting these days, its surprising that anyone would even consider a free solution if they seriously weigh the drawbacks of being at the mercy of someone with your data.

True, but free hosting is really a great way for new web designers and young people to learn about hosting and cpanel and whatnot. Also, a lot of people don't make profits from their site and maybe don't have any other source of income (young people, again) to even pay 1-10 dollars a month.

I have found heliohost to be a great free host so far, my downtimes have been low and there are no ads. If I wanted I could buy a domain and point heliohost to it, making my pages look exactly like a paid host.

• 1 month later...
With the rediculously low cost of web hosting these days, its surprising that anyone would even consider a free solution if they seriously weigh the drawbacks of being at the mercy of someone with your data.

True, but free hosting is really a great way for new web designers and young people to learn about hosting and cpanel and whatnot. Also, a lot of people don't make profits from their site and maybe don't have any other source of income (young people, again) to even pay 1-10 dollars a month.

I have found heliohost to be a great free host so far, my downtimes have been low and there are no ads. If I wanted I could buy a domain and point heliohost to it, making my pages look exactly like a paid host.

I think free hosting is what should become the default for non profiting sites.I mean look it from this point of view that we are here to help a free host to compete with paid hosts.And also if these free hosts had not existed,those paid hosting prices would have never become rediculous.