I'm back again

Ashoat

Hey everyone,

I have some updates.

1. I'm back (again...)
  2. Since the folks at cPanel have added a feature for me to allow for signups without restarting Apache, I have reopened signups at HelioHost. I'm going to see how Stevie copes with new signups and resubmit the host to free-webhosts.com in a month.
  3. Accounts are now being deleted after one month of inactivity. I have set everyone's last cPanel login to today - if you do not login again with a month, your account will be suspended.

That's all for now.

Well... free-webhosts.com decided to stick HelioHost back in out of its own volition. Not exactly something I was prepared for. We now have over 100 queued account installations.

I'm going to push the account creation daemon to twice the speed it is at currently, to see if it can cope with the current level of signups. If not we might experience a bit of a slowdown.

Glad to see ya back djbob. It's 6am cst here and I noticed things running a bit slow and checked the server load. It's currently at 20.23%. I guess this explains it. Maybe the revenue stream will open up again... btw mornin all

Glad to see ya back djbob. It's 6am cst here and I noticed things running a bit slow and checked the server load. It's currently at 20.23%. I guess this explains it. Maybe the revenue stream will open up again... btw mornin all

Good mornin! :)

Yea it's been slow for me too. I just checked the server load (7:30est) and it was 28.08. I wonder if djbob is still testing the limits?

It seems to be getting better, but the load is still too high. Additionally, it's not keeping pace with the speed of signups.

On the plus side, Apache still seems to be working well.