Web Services?

Hi.

I'm learning to program with Visual Basic and have come to a point where i need Web services to be able to access and manage my data In a Mysql DB - i'm trying to create a few web based applications...

So I was wondering what you guy's knew about them - if you know of any easy languages or IDE to create them in?

I have a few paths to follow in learning this myself - but have to wait a few days before i can access them so i figure might as wll ask people who know this stuff beforehand, to see if there are any paths i should be taking.

All I need to do is get data from a DB to an application. Add, Delete and Change data - that's about it.

Thanks

Hi.

I'm learning to program with Visual Basic and have come to a point where i need Web services to be able to access and manage my data In a Mysql DB - i'm trying to create a few web based applications...

So I was wondering what you guy's knew about them - if you know of any easy languages or IDE to create them in?

I have a few paths to follow in learning this myself - but have to wait a few days before i can access them so i figure might as wll ask people who know this stuff beforehand, to see if there are any paths i should be taking.

All I need to do is get data from a DB to an application. Add, Delete and Change data - that's about it.

Thanks

Check out PHP, that's usually what people use to mess with MySQL.

Hmmm... I think ill try out asp before hand (as it should be easier to work with VB - Dont need to learn another language just yet...).

I just read that mysql doesn't support foreign keys? How important is this - and should i consider using another db (eg Postgresql).

I was planning on using them - are there ways around this?