War of the Worls!

Sham

I saw that film yesterday, and it was like a mental torture for me. It seemed that some portions were copied from Independence Day, Day After Tomorrow and Anaconda.

The story line was pretty weak (almost no story) and there were also a number of goof-ups. I noticed a few of them:

1. After the lightning, i.e. before the (Aliens-on-Tripods) AOTs appear, all electronic equipment stops working. Still, when the first AOT appears, one guy films the whole scene with a camcorder!!! EDIT: Okay, there's something called EMP, which "Teh Owner" told me... so prolly this is not a goof-up

2. It is shown that the AOTs use human blood as food and fuel. Okay... understood. But where they were all this while? I mean, how did they survive for all these years without human blood??

3. That Anaconda-look-alike search robot is such a sophisticated machine... it had a self-opening lens cover, probably a 20 megapixel lens with auto-focus and two light souces beside the lens... and Tom Cruise fools it by showing it a mirror?!?!?!? Come on, they already know everything about light and optics, and they don’t know about a mirror?

4. Even after the huge disaster which happened around Ray’s wife’s house (even an airplane had crashed), there was a perfect road paved for their car to move freely.

5. What was the ultimate motive of the AOTs? Suck the blood of each and every human on the planet, and then.....? Then, what? Or turn them into slaves and take them home to work without wages??

6. Why were the AOTs making such grumbling noise when they were just about to attack? Was that sound earlier recorded for Jurassic Park, and Spielberg didn’t want to waste his money?

Lemme know how you felt about this movie if you've seen it.

• 3 months later...