Blank confirmation mail,

Hello:

I just signed up to the forums after renewing my interest in having some webhosting for my little projects. I actually signed up for the Ads Standard plan a week ago or so but never got to complete the registration since I got a blank email from "no-reply@heliohost.org"... I just tried to sign up for another plan but, as expected, the domain name is taken (and I guess that my mail adress is already registered)... I would gladly use another mail adress and domain name but I guess it is better to ask in these support forums for answers to the blank mail confirmation problem.

So here's my question: how do I get to finally complete my signup?. How do I request another confirmation mail?. Also, I have been reading a bit more about the plans and I am a bit of a talking guy so I guess I could accomplish the minimum of 250 Helions... Is it too late to change my plan from the Ads Standard to the Posting Standard?. Just in case I want to think about it a bit more.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Your account needs to be approved by our head boss dude, djbob. You should be able to use the account you signed up for after he approves it.

Plans don't matter anymore, don't worry about it. You won't get any ads if you chose the ad plan.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply Wizard, it is very much appreciated. As for the approval, may it have something to do with the blank mail (completely blank, from "no-reply@heliohost.org", no topic on it)?. Could it be that the account get approved and something went wrong on the mail thing?. I got it on May, 25th.

As for the plans, does it mean that the only plan that is active now is the posting plan?. Not that I mind, of course :).

Again, thanks.

You won't get a .com address for free. Read the bolded text next time ;)

You must already have a top-level domain name registered if you want to use it for hosting.

EDIT

Wait, was your username "danmetal" with domain name "marlborometal.heliohost.org"? That's all I get if I search the system for "marlboro".

You won't get a .com address for free. Read the bolded text next time ;)

You must already have a top-level domain name registered if you want to use it for hosting.

EDIT

Wait, was your username "danmetal" with domain name "marlborometal.heliohost.org"? That's all I get if I search the system for "marlboro".

Danmetal?. I should have forgotten the "i" in "Dani" ;)... But well, those seem to be my trademarks when registering things (apart of relying on email notification of my data...as you can see, I go with "The Marlboro Man" nick and Daniel is my real name but I usually try variations like "Danimarlboro" and such)...

As for the top-level, oh, sorry, I didn't expect one and I didn't mean to imply that I did. Everything will be fine with a marlborometal.heliohost.org place where I can try scripts and develop little applications until I think it is time to leave for a paid service :).

That said and back to the topic, if there's data about my user and seen how the domains work I should be able to log in now :)... In fact I just did and all's ok!.

Thanks a lot for all your help in this topic. I'll try to make the best use of the service given. Again, thanks :).

PS: I am still wondering a bit about what Wizard said about the plans... No ads?. How should I mantain the service?.

Ad clicks on the front page. Honestly, hosting free users isn't too hard, considering the little amount of banwidth and disk space they require. Ads on the front page can usually make up the cost.

Danimarlboro
You probably didn't use that username because of the 8-character username limit ;)