The Space Race

lappy512

Earlier this year, the Adminral (of KL forums) and I made a documentary on the Space Race, to compete in History Day, a competition that our teacher made us create a project on, but not necessarily participate. We participated, and got into the finalists, but got eliminated.

It is about the Space Race, and how the USA rose to power by communicating it's political superiority with their more advanced space technology.

This is encoded in DivX 5.2.1, so if the video does not play, you need to download the divx codec.

Watch it now! (183 MB)

soryy but um... how long is that movie? i dont think anyone is going to download 180 MB to watch it. is it 180 minutes long? a good compression rate is about 1 MB per minute. I dowload some movies that are 10 minutes and 7 MB and they look just fine.

this was the best compression rate I could get with DivX, if I tried some other codecs, it gave me several Gigabytes. The reason is that some movies that are small are compressed with DivX pro, and you need to pay for that codec. Also, this is very high resolution (640x480), which most other videos are very small. I am sorry if you do not have time to watch it, but I have done the best I could to make it small.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...