iPod Touch = Old iPhone?

nightwing14

Hello everyone....I just had to say this....

When the iPhone first came out, there was a recall because Apple forgot to put the "phone" portion into it. I'm betting that they are renaming those old iPhones to iPod Touch and reselling them.....

Other than that...I think that the new line of iPod is pretty nice. What about you?

• 2 months later...

When I first saw an iPod touch ad I was like yea an iPhone we know..then at the end it was 'iPod Touch!'

That was amazing I couldn't even tell the difference...it goes to show what companies do, instead of making something new just add a new feature and rename it.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, I'm guessing the touch is priced less, and it obviously appeals to a different market. Amazing business strategy; make an identical (yet crappier) product, sell to a different audience, and make more money.

This is why high schoolers buy the crappy versions of the XBOX360 or the PS3, with smaller hard drives and less functionality. They don't have as much money, but by offering a similar product appealing to a "poorer" audience, the companies make even more cash.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

iPod Touch = iPhone without (easy) Internet capabilities. I've heard that people jailbreak both of them, to allow the iTouch to do the same types of things as the iPhone. There's even videos on YouTube of groups playing music on jailbroken iTouches and iPhones. So, iPod Touch != old iPhone..

iPod Touch : iPhone :: Vista Basic : Vista Ultimate.

EDIT: In response to the "ease of iPhone hacking" concerns, iPhones aren't that easy to hack from, say, an online service. I think they're as secure as a full-blooded Mac (they run OSX embedded.) What people are talking about when they say "a hacked iPhone" is that they have gotten around AT&T and Apple's firmware locks to allow custom (ie: homebrew) code to run on their iPhones.