Your views on government

This may sound opposite of what the media wants you to believe a conservative republican wants, but I hate government!

I want to live my own life, free from government control and paying minimal taxes.

I want more personal responsibility, and less government hand-holding and hand-outs.

I want to practice my Christianity as public as I well please, and Muslims can practice their Islam as public as they please.

I want to say I don't like homosexuality without getting sued.

I want welfare to be gone. People need to earn their own dang living.

I want a national government to protect me from foreign threats.

I want an effective local government that I can be involved in.

I want politicians to stop making laws and programs start getting rid of them!

What do yall think?

I only see two problems in what you're asking. The first request (free from control) and the sixth request (protection from foreign threats) don't really go very well together. The nation's defense is funded by taxes. Sure, that money could be spent more wisely but at least some of it is still going towards defense. And there is no way any government is going to protect anyone without asking for some level of control over the people. Honestly, I'd want some control if I were them.

And the other problem is your last request. It also conflicts with the previous two I've mentioned because before we can defend ourselves from outside threats, we need to protect ourselves from internal conflict. That's what laws are for. Sure, there are stupid laws and the justice system is anything but due to corruption and the like, but it's better than nothing. Without order, there is anarchy. I wish I could believe my fellow human could conduct his or herself well enough without someone telling him or her what to do, but that's not the case, especially with such a huge population as most industrialized nations have.

Now, as for things like speaking about your dislike of homosexuality without the fear of lawsuits or anything of that nature...that is going to affect life in a way that you probably wouldn't like since you don't seem to approve of homosexuality. If you're allowed to speak out against it, homosexuals should be allowed to practice it in public (you'll see same-gendered couples doing everything that straight couples do) and they should be allowed to advocate it just as you are speaking against it.

For every request you make, there are going to come with it some prices, however small they may be. Free religion means that all religions should at least be tolerated if not openly accepted (Atheism, Satanism, Wiccan, and every other normally ill-thought-of religion must be accepted). If you ask for more personal responsibility, it'll be left up to you to defend yourself. If you ask for protection, you'll lose at least some control over how you live your life.

That's what I think.

You're conflicting liberal and conservative arguments in your posts.

You're ambiguous in what you want. You want to live your own life and pay minimal taxes, yet you want to be protected from foreign threats. Also, you want government control to be free from your life but you want an effective local government to participate in. How's a government going to do all of that without money, control, and laws?

Also, I doubt you'll take it cool when someone expresses dislike of who you are or what you believe in. If you can say things about other people and can't get in trouble, others can say things about you. "Ugly white fat redneck bastard" sound good to you?

Ash Fohx said all the other things I would of said.

A lot of what I want to say has been said already. You say you want welfare to be gone - if your life is flipped upside down and you end up in the streets, however, you won't be saying that anymore. As long as politicians are chosen by votes and those on welfare vote, there will be welfare.

I want politicians to stop making laws and programs start getting rid of them!

What is that supposed to achieve? Anarchy?