Maple Story

It's not really all that fun... but if you play past level 10, it gets really addictive, especially if you have fun buddies. The game's really repetitive (mainly just grinding on monsters), but you have a drive to keep leveling through all of that. There's a few more lands since I last played too, so there should be a variety of places for you to adventure do.

So in a sense....it's like Runescape?

I'm not sure, I quit Runescape within the first five minutes. The cute anime style of the game drew me in though, and all of the customizing options keep you attracted to the game. It's great fun when you finally reach the next 10x level and get to wear all of your new awesome equipment, and you feel anxious when scrolling equips... plus partying to take on a giant boss, or doing party quests are extremely fun if you don't have idiots on your team who quit on you halfway through.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand how people play that game. I tried it and gave up after an hour. It's so boring. I play MMORPGs, and I think half of the fun is making friends and doing stuff in game with them. That's what MMORPGs are about for me, socializing and having fun in game at the same time. 90% of the people that play these games are morons and idiots though.