Anime and Manga

Geou

Are there any animes / mangas you like?

I like many, like Naruto, Bleach, and Death Note. I also like the manga of Fullmetal Alchemist.

In my opinion they're far better than typical American cartoons due to their superior art and better storytelling.

I'm not really that into anime but alot of my friends talk about Naruto and Bleach.

As for story telling, most American cartoons aren't as drama-driven as animes are.

Most American cartoons aren't serious and mostly kids' shows with the exception of a few.

For the superior art it all depends. I personally don't find it creative to hire people who are trained to do the exact same style that has been done before in hundreds of shows over and over with no error.

I would much rather have my own style.

But it's all personal choice.

Not that I would have mine in the American style.

My cartooning style can't really be compared to American or Japanese.

Naruto, FMA and Bleach. I've seen all the Japanese Naruto episodes and love them.

I agree that the story lines are much better than any American cartoons. Also American cartoons tend to have a very childish theme. The only one that even somewhat compares to anime would be Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Yea, but it's taking forever for them to release season three. I went through quite a bit of the show without realizing it's not Anime because there are so many similarities.

I think it starts around October...

I'm really into manga, but not so much anime. I'll watch it but I generally prefer the manga adaptations.

Right now I'm reading Detective Conan and Lovely Complex. My favorite manga is probably Tokyo Crazy Paradise~ I really loved that one. x3

As for anime, I'm also watching Lovely Complex (I actually prefer the anime with this series), Devil May Cry, and History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. I recommend all three. I've not seen much of DMC yet but it's much better than I expected!

I'm also reading Naruto and Bleach and watching Naruto but I'm not very into either right now.

OMG.....I absolutely LOVE Rurouni Kenshin....it's the best Anime that I've ever watched....

Other than that...DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho

Those are my top 3

Yea, but it's taking forever for them to release season three. I went through quite a bit of the show without realizing it's not Anime because there are so many similarities.

I think it starts around October...

That's awesome...I can't wait!!

I never really understood why so many people liked Rurouni Kenshin. The main character's "silly" side was very fake and unfunny, and the drama within the series just bored me... but they did have some good battles, even if Kenshin just about won every one (Kenshin vs. Saitou was awesome... the dark ambience, Saitou's drive to win, it was just great).