mac vs. windows

which is better  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linux all the way. Apparently, Linux has the same security with no Firewall as Windows does with full (Windows) Firewall :P. God [bleeped!], here's one of those ads now... Anyway, you can emulate most good programs compiled for Windows (Such as Macromedia Flash, and Adobe Photoshop) with Wine on Linux.

Well, it depends on what you use it for. I prefer windows for what I do, but macs have the nice interface and ease of use for not as computer-literate people.

Though, the problem with macs is that you can't upgrade them (easily).

Mac doesn't supports many of the drivers and all the newly software releases mostly support microsoft so microsoft is leading the nations. -_-

Also, when I was organising my music on my PSP using a Mac (was at my Mum's friend's house), it would crash if I tried moving/copying over 30MB of files.. Not very stable. And the owner only knew one thing about it.. It had a 150GB Hard Drive.

In response to Kyougi..

Am I meant to know some weird stuff on copying files on a Mac? Is it meant to crash when moving files while using the GUI? All the ads say that Mac is so easy to use.

I've seen a first-timer plug in a PSP (it automounts) and copy over over 1GB worth of music, then unplugging it. I've done it several times, myself, on several different Macs. I have not seen this "instability" that you speak of.