5+ Years Of Free Webhosting Excellence

tablecat

I wasn't sure which section to place this thread in, so 'Other Discussion' will have to do.

People always ask me, "hey Tablecat, when are you going to get a real webhost?" All I can say is, this is a real webhost. A good one! And it's free! Today I had been reminiscing about all those other personal websites I used to visit, which have since gone offline. I am very pleased that mine is still online, with a free webhost no less. When people ask me to get a "real webhost", they mean that I should switch to a paid webhosting service. When they think about 'free webhosting' their first thoughts are "unstable", "transient", and "bad service". Thus far, my experiences with Heliohost have been neither of these.

Now, it was not all perfect. I remember one time I had forgotten to log in in 30 days and my account was completely wiped off the server! I was very upset, but since then the system has improved. Now whenever you don't log in after 30 days, you are still given a grace period to recover your site simply by entering your username. Very simple and fast. However, there had been other situations when my account would've been wiped on other free webhost servers, but not on Heliohost. I am thankful for Heliohost's willingness to deal with my sometimes errant scripts in a non-kneejerk manner.

Quite honestly, I am just thankful that Heliohost is still around, which in turn allows my website to still be around under the exact same URL address. So yeah, I'm just dropping by to recognize my personal 5+ year experience with Heliohost. I hope Heliohost will continue its free webhosting success long into the future.