Migration From Localhost To Live

I have a similar problem. I downloaded wordpress from cpanel softaculous, which is fine, the path is www.mirsultankhan.com/wp/ my question is, how to i get the wordpress files from mirsultankhan.com/wp to my domian mirsultankhan.com, so that when i type www.mirsultankhan.com in my browser, my site appears. At present i can see my site but i need to use the file path mirsultankhan.com with the suffix /wp i.e www.mirsultankhan/wp - kind regards and thanks for your contiunued patience - robbie.

greetings dear friends and a thousand salaams to you, may your sons be as many as the sands of the desert and your daughters as beautiful as the saffron, i asked this elsewhere but i feel it needs its own post.

I downloaded wordpress from cpanel softaculous, which is fine, the path is www.mirsultankhan.com/wp/ my question is, how do i get the wordpress files from mirsultankhan.com/wp to my domian mirsultankhan.com, so that when i type www.mirsultankhan.com in my browser, my site appears. At present i can see my site but i need to use the file path mirsultankhan.com with the suffix /wp i.e www.mirsultankhan/wp - kind regards and thanks for your continued patience - robbie.

The simplest way to do this is to create a file named index.php in your public_html folder with the following contents:

<?php
header("location:http://www.mirsultankhan/wp");
?>

This will redirect all traffic to mirsultankhan.com to www.mirsultankhan/wp.

alas great one i have failed you,

I created an idex.php in public_html directory, copied and pasted the code in the code editor, saved and i get an internal message error please see the webmaster,

for days i have been watching youtube videos, reading blogs, people doing very complicated things with PHPmyadmin and MY SQL databases, and C++ editor, replacing all the HTTP, references and it was all too much for a poor noobster to take so i reached out to you guys in the hope that the pain would not overcome me and i would give out entirely and simply go to wix.com and get a horrible retail package (oh the pain and shame of it)

thank you for trying, we are finding solutions to our problems and this problem will eventually be solved - kind regards and thanks for taking the time - Robbie.

btw check out my site, its looks pretty awesome and i only just started, its for free chess advice and learning,

http://mirsultankhan.com/wp

I would just like to say that it works, i simply amended the text to read

<?php

header("location:http://www.mirsultankhan.com/wp");

?>

and it directs my domain name to the sub directory, which i nice although a little artificial, thanks so much regards.

great one a thousand salaams to you, there is no need to apologise, in actual fact i am the one who needs to apologise for being such a super noob, all i needed to do was install the wordpress files and directories directly into the public_html dirtectory instead of a sub directory /wp, how hard could it be and yet i did not realise it during the initial set up of wordpress,

its a wretched pupil that does not surpass his master - Leonardo da Vinci

thanks again for everying - regards robbie