Cross Platform Web Coding

wal

Hi Members,

I've been researching how to convert my web page code into code that allows it to be viewed on cross platforms. Can anyone recommend a link that explains how to accomplish this task in a -somewhat- easy to understand format? I'm fairly experienced in HTML.

Here is my web page:

http://education.heliohost.org/elizabethreed/index.html

Found this but it seems way over my level.

http://www-archive.mozilla.org/docs/web-developer/xbdhtml/xbdhtml.html

Thank you

Cross-Browser DHTML includes:

• shared support for Cascading Style Sheets, level 1 (CSS1)
  • shared support for Cascading Style Sheets Positioning (CSSP)
  • shared JavaScript support
  • Document Object Model functionality
  • event model functionality
  • downloadable font resources (also known as Dynamic Fonts)
  • full screen mode

All modern browsers support these, however because different browsers use rendering engines, making your site look identical across all of them is near impossible unless you take the time to make the same page over for every browser that butchers it, and you'd have to query the client with javascript to see what browser they are on then serve them the right version of your page.

Currently browsers each support HTML5 and CSS3 to a limited extent, though each browser supports them differently, and CSS layout in slightly different ways. All browsers support javascript(if the client wants it) and DOM, IE and FireFox even have COM functionality so that programmers can use languages like C++, VB, C#, Ruby etc to access DOM objects through the browser COM object. All browsers also share the event triggers such as OnClick, OnBlur OnFocus etc, and you can serve up fonts to be used while at your site.